1. Curriculum = the full range of subjects offered by a school or group of schools
Or [Education program = education plan]
Ex: The curriculum in private schools is sometimes wider than in state schools, because of their more resources.
2. Pedagogical (experts) = (experts in) education or teaching
Or [didactic experts]
Ex: I admire pedagogical pioneers such as Victorian English thinkers who began free schools for all children.
• Pioneers = پیشگامان، اولین های یک کار
3. Syllabus = the content of elements taught in a specific subject
Ex: The syllabus for geography included volcanoes, earthquakes, and tidal waves which we found fascinating.
• Volcanoes= آتشفشان ها
• Tidal= جزر و مد
• Tidal wave= موج های بسیار بزرگ
4. Formal examination = exams where students answer set written or spoken questions without assistance
Continuous examination = giving students marks for course work or projects, rather than formal exams.
Ex: At my school, our grades were based on 50/50 on formal examinations and continuous examinations, which we thought was very fair for all the children.
5. Academic achievement = the measurable performance of a student in marks, exam results, etc.
Ex: In my country, children enjoy school, but academic achievement is frankly quite low.
• Frankly = رک و پوست کنده، صادقانه
6. Further education = education after leaving school at the minimum age
Ex: some governments encourage further education by allowing teenagers to claim benefits while they study.
7. Higher education = education after age 18 at college or university, usually for a degree.
Ex: when I pass the IELTS exam, I plan to go on to higher education in Canada and do a degree in engineering.
8. Group work = study where pupils discuss and agree on a project together
• Pupil = student
Ex: I think that group work enables lazy students to do less work than eager ones.
9. Teacher-led lessons = traditional lessons where the teacher delivers alone to talk and the student take notes
Ex: In my country, lessons are still very teacher-led and interaction is rather limited.
10. Autonomous learning = When a student learns through independent study and research
Ex: At university, you are expected to be an autonomous learner far more than the high school which is quite exciting for me.
11. Study skills = the skills of organizing, using and checking study work
Ex: My study skills were rather weak until I read an excellent book by a Japanese pedagogical expert.
12. To synthesis sources = to use a variety of sources and combine them in one project
Ex: I use the Internet to synthesis my sources, and I always cite the origin of the information.